Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Capital of the state of Rio De Janeiro, this city was founded in 1565 by the Portuguese. This city is known for its natural beauty and beautiful beaches. It is a fun place to be and a must visit.
Things to Do-
- Corcovado Mountain- This mountain has beautiful and Panoramic views
- Sugarloaf Mountains- You can go to the Peak of this Mountain via Cable way and enjoy the Panoramic views from this Mountain
- Copacabana- A beautiful palace by the side of the sea is enough to make your day.
- Christ the Redeemer- A huge statue of Christ on the top of the Mountain
- Ipanema- Another beautiful beach of Rio
- Santa Teresa- This place has beautiful art Galleries and many restaurants
- Lapa- If you want to do some Samba Party, this is the place for you. You can also do some Vintage shopping here
- Leblon- A beautiful beach with upscale shopping area around
- Escadaria Selaron- These are stairway covered with mosaic tiles and is a must visit if you are in Rio
- Botafogo- This place has an Indian Museum and hip nightlife
- Maracana- This ground hosts the Olympic ceremonies
- Arpoador- You can enjoy a beautiful sunset view at this beach
- Parque Lage
- Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon- It is a natural Lagoon
- Pedra da Gavea- A beautiful high mountain on the ocean
- Tijuca Forest
What to eat?
- Feijoada- Stewed beans in pork or beef Gravy and is the main food in Brazil.
- Acai- purple berry served with banana or strawberry and Granola.
- Pastel from the Fair- Pastel filled with meat or cheese
- Fried sardines with lime- Fried fish named Sardines, fried as a whole and served with dash of lime.
- Chicken Hearts
- Tapioca- A type of bread which is healthy